My all time favorite 21-Day Fix approved snack is featured in this week’s 21-Day Fix meal plan: Apple slices with Greek yogurt dip. This snack tastes like heaven to me, as the combination of peanut and apple is one of my favorites. Once you try this snack, your life will never be the same! Almost every one of my weekly 21-Day Fix meal plan includes this delicious morning snack. Simply mix 2/3 cup Greek yogurt with one teaspoon of peanut butter and a drizzle of honey. Top with a few sunflower and pumpkin seeds for texture and dip your apple slices in.
Another one that I absolutely love is Overnight Oats. There are so many variations of this that you are sure to find one that appeals to your taste buds. My favorite is the German Chocolate Overnight Oats. While I enjoy the crunchy texture of the nuts, if my blue container is already used for the day I leave the nuts out all together. I do like to add 1 tablespoon of Chia Seeds (and an extra tbsp of liquid to balance out the seeds) to add texture to the Overnight oats. This is equivalent to 1/2 orange container.
Speaking of the Orange container, while you may notice that I often leave it out completely, this doesn’t mean that you have to! Snack on some seeds or add crushed peanuts to your salad! Furthermore, a tablespoon of ground flax seed will add a boost of nutrients and protein to your morning Shakeology or oatmeal.
The avocado “cream” we are serving with the pan seared cod is a delicious sauce made in the blender that you can use for so many dishes! It is great with fish tacos, fajitas, tofu or shrimp buddha bowl, and on just about anything with a little kick. It takes 2 minutes to prepare. Throw a ripe avocado, 2 tbsp fresh lime juice, 1/4 cup cilantro, 3/4 cups Greek yogurt and a clove of minced garlic in a blender. Blend until smooth. Add about 1/4 to 1/3 cup water to thin it out, as desired. Enjoy!!!
Cauliflower rice is served a couple of times this week. It is a great substitute to rice if you have no yellow containers left, or if you want to save our yellow for wine (that’s me!!!). To make cauliflower rice, simply throw florets into a food processor and pulse until it is in bits and pieces. Sauté in a pan with a little olive oil until it starts to brown. You can add some spices if you wish, or leave it as is. And you’re done!
21-Day Fix Meal Plan – Week 2 – What’s on the menu?
- Spicy beef with butternut squash
- Chicken and spinach sauté with Cauliflower rice
- Slow cooker 21-Day Fix Chicken Fajitas
- Chicken breast with Feta and Artichoke
- Grilled Flank Steak with a sweet potato and kale hash
- Pan-Seared Cod with Avocado “cream”
- VeggieBurger Patty with Green salad
Every week’s meal plan has it’s own Pinterest Board so that you can easily find the recipes to make for the week!
Sunday Prep Day Notes!
- Cut and portion out your veggies and cheese for your afternoon snacks and store in resealable plastic bags.
- Make the Lasagna roll ups (it is Sunday’s dinner and Monday’s lunch). This is a great recipe to double and freeze.
- Make the SpicyBeef with butternut squash. This recipe also freezes really well.
- Prepare 2 jars of Overnight oats.
- Measure out your yogurt and cottage cheese into ready-to-go portions so that all you have to do is add fruit in the morning and go!
Click HERE to get your copy of this week’s meal plan!